IT’s all laid out in front of me
What I can and what I might do
The rain outside never seemed
Quite to welcoming to me
Take a hot shower and wash away
All the tears and cry outs for help
Ignored, unheard, and forgotten
Wondering around this maze
That I’ve created in my mind
Holding onto the main goal
But I’m slowly losing hope
No faith that I’ll get out alive
Ironic
Sitting here just waiting
Waiting for the jury’s decision
I plead guilty on all accounts
Praying the axe is swift
For this guillotine seems old
Maybe it’ll get stuck along the way
A few more months to enjoy
What little of life I have left
That roadmap I made up
Seems pretty redundant now
I’ll never get to find the price
For finishing this stupid maze
All those ambitions and dreams
Only to be incinerated with me
Ashes spread over the ocean
Fading as the tide washes in
Simply memories to take
Only to store under lock and key
Realising the wasted effort
Misunderstanding others again
Assuming you can read minds
Losing sleep as you play psychic
Hoping all those pictures were worth the
while
Never realising it’s all a game
Designed for you to lose in the end
To get out of this endless loop
Game over is the relief, the rescue
To just rest in peace
Instead of constantly running
Hoping to win only creates a loser
And by the time you give up
You’re too lost to turn around
No one’s willing to help you
From all the bridges you’ve burned
Prayed on your knees
For Prayer is all you have left
As the tears stream down you face
Your screams where never unheard
You simply stopped screaming
No one could find you
Hold your breath for the recoil
And everything else will fall
Hopefully right into place
No comments:
Post a Comment